Remember this card I made for my dad? It was for his birthday, but it would make a fantastic Father’s Day card too, don’t you think? Keep reading for instructions on how to make it, including dimensions for all the card pieces, a link to purchase the tools, and a link to download the handwritten “dad” absolutely free!
To make the card:
- Cut an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of cardstock in half horizonally to end up with two pieces 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold one piece in half along the dotted line shown in the diagram to create a card base 5 1/2″ wide by 4 1/2″ tall.
- Cut three more cardstock pieces in alternating colors according to the dimensions below:
- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- 3″ x 4 1/4″
- 2 7/8″ x 4 1/8″
- If you have an embossing machine (I used my Texture Boutique), emboss the smallest of the three pieces.
- Center and layer the pieces in order of size, adhere them together and adhere all three pieces to the card base.
- Size the tools in your cutting software so they will fit on the card as shown. On my card, the hammer is approximately 1 1/2″ tall and the rest of the tools are sized proportionately. Cut all the tool pieces out and layer them together to form the individual tools.
- Arrange the tools on the card front as desired and adhere.
- Size the Dad cutting file to approximately 3″ wide in your cutting software. Cut out both pieces. Adhere the word to the shadow outline, then adhere both to the card front.
That’s all there is to it! Such a simple card to make, but it makes a big impression!
Click the image below to purchase the Tools of the Trade SVG cutting file.
Click the image below to download the handwritten Dad SVG cutting file absolutely free!
My dad’s birthday is coming up in a few days. This man has the most amazingly well organized wall of tools in his garage that you could ever imagine, so when I sat down to create a birthday card for him, a “wall of tools” seemed like the perfect theme.
The card is 5 1/2″ wide by 4 1/4″ tall. To cut the tools, I used the Tools of the Trade SVG cutting file available in the 99 Cent Store (shown below). The word Dad was handwritten on my graphics tablet and converted to a cutting file.
Light up your space with this lovely five-sided Party Lantern. With its dainty flowers and delicate panel design, the lantern can be cut from any color paper to suit a wide variety of occasions.
Cut the side panel inserts from vellum and insert a battery-operated candle to really let the beauty of this home decor piece shine through.
I keep visualizing this in all white or cream and used as a table centerpiece at a wedding, wouldn’t that be just beautiful?
The finished lantern is approximately 7″ tall x 5.5″ wide. Click on any of the images below to see even more photos in the store, or to purchase the 3D Party Lantern pattern for just 99 cents.
Start your St. Patrick’s Day celebration whenever you like with our 3D Foaming Beer Mug. Fill it with some non-liquid cheer as a gift for a friend, or set it out filled with treats for guests to enjoy. If green beer isn’t your thing, the insert can easily be changed to a different color to make it a root beer mug or any other beverage you prefer.
For people with electronic cutters, the papercrafting pattern download includes SVG, MTC, DXF and PDF files. The file can be cut in Make-the-Cut, Sure Cuts a Lot, Silhouette Studio and Cricut Design Space, as well as other cutter software that accepts any of these file types. The file cuts best on larger mats.
For people without electronic cutters, a scissor cutting file in pdf is also included that can be printed on the 8 1/2 x 11″ paper of your choice and cut using scissors or a craft knife.
Click any of the photos below to purchase the pattern for just 99 cents in the store.
For reasons of security, all payments in the Cre8ive Cutz store are handled through PayPal. Not everyone has a PayPal account, but what you may not know is that you can still make a credit card payment using PayPal, even if you don’t want to set up an account with them.
This tutorial will walk you through how to pay for an order in the Cre8ive Cutz store using your credit card.
Step one: Proceed through the check-out process as usual, and click the Confirm Order button when you get to the Confirmation screen. If you need help with the first part of the check-out process, the first video on our Videos page will help you.
Step two: Click on the Don’t have a PayPal account? button on the lower right hand side of the PayPal screen.
Step three: Enter your payment information and click Pay at the bottom of the screen. At that point you will be returned to the Cre8ive Cutz store where you will be able to download your purchases. Note: You will be required to enter your address on this screen, however none of this information is passed back to Cre8ive Cutz. At no time do we have access to your credit card information or your home address.
That’s all there is to it!